Training classes & workshops
We offer a variety of weekly training classes including Puppy, Beginner and Rally Classes - fun for all the family!
Happy dogs need happy training methods and we only ever use positive reinforcement training that rewards good behaviour and helps build a strong bond between you and your dog.
Early socialisation, play and training is crucial for puppies to develop into happy, confident, well-trained dogs. Focusing on this key stage will help you avoid future behavioural problems, form a strong bond with your puppy, and ensure that your fur baby turns into a contented and loved member of the family.
Classes that we offer
- Puppy class: For puppies up to 1 year old (following completion of vaccinations) in Gwernymynydd or for puppies and beginners in Llanfyndd.
- Move up class: for those who have completed the puppy classes and want continue their training journey with more advanced training.
- Rally class: Learn new skills with your dog and progress through the levels in this Kennel Club sport.
What you'll learn
The Puppy and Beginners Classes include the following training:
- Foundations of successful reward based training
- Reflex to name
- Loose lead walking
- Introduction to scentwork
- Safe socialisation
- How to avoid unwanted behaviour such as jumping up, nipping and chewing
- Housetraining tips
The Move Up class builds on what you learnt in our Puppy Class (and is only available to those who have completed the Puppy course). It is tailored to you and your dog, and will includes the following training:
- emergency stop
- loose lead
- safe socialisation
- and more!
£75 for 5 week course
Absolutely loved our classes, really learnt a lot and having the weekly session was a great incentive to train every day! We’ve booked onto the Advanced Skills ones to continue the good work, Bailey loves going too, gets so excited to see the other dogs!
I would definitely recommend Forests & Fetch for training. Thoroughly enjoyed our classes, it certainly has helped me and my little Pedro!
We would recommend Anna for any training needs. We’ve done both 1:1 training and a group class and both have been so helpful. We’re continuing with another set of classes and can’t wait to learn more.
Puppy & beginner Classes
– 6-7pm Puppy Class (for pups who are up to 1 year old) *** 1 space***
Where our classes are
We’re happy to offer puppy and dog training classes at two sites:
Get updates about upcoming classes & workshops